The Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks are the best ergonomic crochet hook. Crocheting for extended periods is a breeze with these hooks.
Here’s my guide to the full range.
Made in Japan, they create a superior crocheting experience. The tulip crochet hooks are smooth, with a rounded head and tapered throat.
The sizes are metric/Japanese numbers rather than US Sizing.
This isn’t a problem when you use a conversion chart to convert the metric sizing into US sizing.
I reviewed and updated this post on June 5, 2022.
Table Of Contents
- Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks
- Gold Aluminum Crochet Hooks
- Tulip Etimo Rose Crochet Hook Set
- Tulip Etimo Pink Crochet Hooks
- Tulip Etimo Steel Crochet Hooks
- Tulip Etimo Red Hooks
- Red Hooks Set
Tulip Etimo Website
Find more crochet hooks on sale I’ve reviewed.
Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks
The Tulip ETIMO GrandHook has a plastic hook with a comfort grip. It’s available in four sizes:
- 8.0mm (green)
- 10.0mm (pink)
- 12.0mm (purple)
- 15.0mm (blue)
- A specially designed head to hook and pull thick yarn
- The thumb rest on the front side
- The grip helps you hold the crochet hook comfortably
- The deeper groove allows easy crocheting
- Only suitable for thicker yarns
Gold Aluminum Crochet Hooks
Tulip Etimo Cushion Grip Ergonomic Crochet Hook with Cushion Grip in charcoal gray. The hook is quality aluminum in gold color.
This set includes hook sizes
- D3 (3.25mm)
- E4 (3.5mm)
- F5 (3.75mm)
- G6 (4mm)
- 7 (4.5mm)
- H8 (5mm)
- I9 (5.5mm)
- J10 (6mm)
- Italian embroidery scissors
- 2 yarn needles
- 4.5″ ruler
- The silver fabric case has slots for all hooks and tools
- It folds and closes with a magnetic snap
- The elastomer comfort grip is comfortable
- Aluminum hook has a polished finish
- A clear flap folds over all the tools for protection
- Smooth hook tip
- Easy to hold design
- Comfortable elastomer cushion grip
- Great for crocheters with arthritis
- The label is an overlay
- A Tulip Etimo crochet hook is more expensive than other hooks but worth the investment
Tulip Etimo Rose Crochet Hook Set
A 10 piece Etimo crochet hook set that is durable, abrasion-resistant, and smooth. 5 Crochet Hooks and 5 Lace Crochet Hooks.
A small, zippered notions pouch is inside the case. It comes with scissors and a couple of yarn needles.
The pretty pink case has a pink tassel and bead/crystal tassels attached to the zipper.
- Size 2 (2.00mm)
- Size 3 (2.30mm)
- Size 4 (2.50mm)
- Size 5 (3.00mm)
- Size 6 (3.50mm)
Lace Crochet Hooks
- Size 0 (1.75mm)
- Size 2 (1.50mm)
- Size 4 (1.25mm)
- Size 6 (1.00mm)
- Size 8 (0.90mm)
- Great for many projects
- The comfortable elastomer cushion grip lets you work for hours with little fatigue
- Smooth hook tips enable effortless crocheting
- Although different shades of pink, it may take a while to recognize which pink is which hook size
Tulip Etimo Pink Crochet Hooks
This listing is for single Etimo Rose Crochet Hooks. A crocheter’s dream.
Available in the following sizes:
- 2/0 (2mm)
- 3/0 (2.3mm) — US B-1
- 4/0 (2.5mm) — US C-2
- 5/0 (3mm) — US D-3
- 6/0 (3.5mm) — US E-4
- 7/0 (4mm) — US G-6
- 7.5/0 (4.5mm) — US 7
- 8/0 (5mm) — US H-8
- 9/0 (5.5mm) — US I-9
- 10/0 (6mm) — US J-10
- Comfortable in your hand
- Width of handle suits both knife hold and pencil grip
- Well-positioned thumb rest
- Rounded hook tip
- The cushion grip gives your hand a cozy feel
- Lets you work with less fatigue
- This seller receives 5 star customer ratings
- Only in Japanese sizing and metric
Tulip Etimo Steel Crochet Hooks
The Etimo Steel Crochet hooks are the smaller sizes for lace crochet and intricate work.
These hooks create uniform stitches, and your hands won’t tire easily.
They come in the sizes:
- 0 – 1.75mm
- 2 – 1.50mm
- 4 – 1.25mm
- 6 – 1.00mm
- 8 – 0.90mm
- 10 – 0.75mm
- 12 – 0.60mm
- 14 – 0.50mm
- 15 – 0.45mm
- 16 – 0.40mm
- Hook work with crochet thread
- Smooth handle
- Lessens hand fatigue
- Only suitable for fine threads and yarn
Etimo Tulip Steel Crochet Hook Set
The Tulip Lace Crochet Hook set has the same elastomer comfort grip as the Etimo. This Set has lavender blue handles.
The hooks are durable quality polished steel.
The set includes
- 8 Etimo Crochet Hooks (14-0)
- Two yarn needles
- High-quality thread scissors
- 4-1/2″ plastic ruler
- Cute fabric clutch
- 0 (1.75mm)
- 2 (1.50mm)
- 4 (1.25mm)
- 6 (1.00mm)
- 8 (0.90mm)
- 10 (0.75mm)
- 12 (0.60mm)
- 14 (0.50mm)
- The cushion comfort grip makes fine crochet projects easier
- Superior quality
- New to lace crochet? Working with a smaller crochet hook may be challenging
Tulip Etimo Red Hooks
These hooks have a red matte aluminum finish, and the ergonomic handles are also red. Using these hooks with dark colors is a breeze.
- 1/0 (1.8mm)
- 2/0 (2mm)
- 3/0 (2.2mm)
- 4/0 (2.5mm)
- 5/0 (3.0mm)
- 6/0 (3.5mm)
- 7/0 (4.0mm)
- 7.5/0 (4.5mm)
- 8/0 (5.0mm)
- 9/0 (5.5mm)
- 10/0 (6.0mm)
- 10.5/0 (6.50mm)
- Gorgeous color
Tulip Etimo Red Hook Set
This set contains Tulip Etimo Red crochet hooks with cushion grip, two tapestry needles, ruler, and a red polka-dot fabric case.
This version has red aluminum hooks, which is an advantage for those who love this color.
The handle’s length and depth of the hook make stitching easier.
- Easy on the eyes as there’s no glare from hook
- Good range of small and medium hooks
- Worth the price
- This seller ships to the United Kingdom
- You need to love the color red
Tulip Etimo Vs Clover Amour
- The Etimo is slightly longer than the Clover Amour
- Tulip Etimos are different shades of pink, gray, and red
- Clover Amour hooks are bright colors, and different sizes are a different color
- Both brands have pointed hooks
- Users found the handles of Tulip Etimo are comfortable in both knife grip and pencil grip
- Not as comfortable as Clover Amour
Tulip Etimo Vs Clover Soft Touch
- Clover Soft touch has a shorter shaft than Tulip Etimo
- Tulip has a more significant thumb rest
- Clover Soft Touch thumb pad is flat with a smaller rubber grip
- Both brands of hooks glide smoothly through the yarn
Does Tulip Etimo Make Larger Crochet Hooks?
Tulip Etimo does come in larger size hooks. The Tulip ETIMO GrandHook has a plastic hook with a comfort grip. It’s available in four sizes.
- 8mm (green)
- 10mm (pink)
- 12mm (purple)
- 15mm (blue)
Are Tulip Etimo Clover Soft Touch?
Tulip Etimo and Clover Soft Touch are two different brands of hooks. They both have an ergonomic handle.
In The Tulip Etimo Rose Set Hooks What One Is The Size J?
The J size is 6mm in the Tulip Etimo Rose Set.
Do Any Stores Sell Tulip Etimo Hooks?
It’s challenging to find Tulip brand hooks in craft stores in the United States. They’re only available online.
(Aka Caron Tulip Etimo in the U.S.)
Hope you found this guide helpful.
Tell me about your experience with these hooks. Do you like them? Please leave a comment below. Your email address is never published.
Next > Cyber Monday Yarn Deals