The Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks are the best ergonomic crochet hook. Crocheting for extended periods will be a breeze with these hooks. Made in Japan, they are designed for a superior crocheting experience.
The tulip crochet hooks are smooth with a rounded head and tapered throat.
The sizes are metric/Japanese numbers rather than US Sizing. This isn’t a problem when you use a conversion chart to convert the metric sizing into US sizing.
Here’s my guide to the full range.
Table Of Contents
- Tulip Etimo Website
- Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks
- Gold Aluminum Crochet Hooks
- Tulip Etimo Rose Crochet Hook Set
- Tulip Etimo Pink Crochet Hooks
- Tulip Etimo Steel Crochet Hooks
- Etimo Tulip Grey
- Tulip Etimo Red Hooks
- Red Hooks Set
- Your Questions Answered
Tulip Etimo Website
Tulip Etimo Crochet Hooks
The Tulip ETIMO GrandHook has a plastic hook with a comfort grip. It is available in four sizes:
- 8.0mm (green)
- 10.0mm (pink)
- 12.0mm (purple)
- 15.0mm (blue)
- A specially-designed head that can quickly hook and pull thick yarn
- The thumb rest on the front side, and the grip help you hold the crochet hook comfortably.
- The deeper groove allows easy crocheting.
- Only suitable for thicker yarns
Product Link – https://www.etsy.com/listing/824427099/tulip-etimo-grandhook-large-crochet-hook
Gold Aluminum Crochet Hooks
Tulip Etimo Cushion Grip Ergonomic Crochet Hook with Cushion Grip in charcoal grey. The hook is aluminum in gold color.
Available in hook sizes: 2/0 (2mm), 3/0 (2.2mm), 4/0 (2.5mm), 5/0 (3.0mm), 6/0 (3.5mm), 7/0 (4.0mm), 7.5/0 (4.5mm), 8/0 (5.0mm), 9/0 (5.5mm), & 10/0 (6.0mm).
- Smooth hook tip
- Easy to hold design
- Comfortable elastomer cushion grip
- Great for crocheters suffering from arthritis
- The label is an overlay, but this doesn’t wear with use
- It is more expensive than other hooks but worth the investment
Tulip Etimo Rose Crochet Hook Set
A 10 piece crochet hook set that is durable, abrasion-resistant, and smooth. 5 Crochet Hooks and 5 Lace Crochet Hooks. A small zippered notions pouch is attached inside the case. It comes with scissors and a couple of yarn needles.
The pretty pink case has a pink tassel and pink bead attached to the zipper.
- Size 2 (2.00mm)
- Size 3 (2.30mm)
- Size 4 (2.50mm)
- Size 5 (3.00mm)
- Size 6 (3.50mm)
Lace Crochet Hooks
- Size 0 (1.75mm)
- Size 2 (1.50mm)
- Size 4 (1.25mm)
- Size 6 (1.00mm)
- Size 8 (0.90mm)
- Great for all sorts of projects
- The comfortable elastomer cushion grip lets you work for hours with little fatigue
- Smooth hook tips enable effortless crocheting
- Although different shades of pink, it may take a while to recognize which pink is which hook size
Tulip Etimo Pink Crochet Hooks
This listing is for single Etimo Rose Crochet Hooks.
Available in the following sizes:
- – 2/0 (2mm)
- – 3/0 (2.3mm) — US conversion B-1 (2.25mm)
- – 4/0 (2.5mm) — US conversion C-2 (2.75mm)
- – 5/0 (3mm) — US conversion D-3 (3.25mm)
- – 6/0 (3.5mm) — US conversion E-4 (3.5mm)
- – 7/0 (4mm) — US conversion G-6 (4mm)
- – 7.5/0 (4.5mm) — US conversion 7 (4.5mm)
- – 8/0 (5mm) — US conversion H-8 (5mm)
- – 9/0 (5.5mm) — US conversion I-9 (5.5mm)
- – 10/0 (6mm) — US conversion J-10 (6mm)
- Comfortable in your hand
- Width of handle suits both knife hold and pencil grip
- Well-positioned thumb rest
- Rounded hook tip
- The cushion grip gives your hand a cozy feel and lets you work with less fatigue
- Only in Japanese sizing and metric (I’ve given the US conversion above)
Tulip Etimo Steel Crochet Hooks
The Etimo Steel Crochet hooks are the smaller sizes for lace crochet and intricate work.
They come in the sizes:
- 0 – 1.75mm
- 2 – 1.50mm
- 4 – 1.25mm
- 6 – 1.00mm
- 8 – 0.90mm
- 10 – 0.75mm
- 12 – 0.60mm
- 14 – 0.50mm
- 15 – 0.45mm
- 16 – 0.40mm
- Hook works brilliantly with crochet thread
- Smooth handle
- Lessens hand fatigue
- Only suitable for fine threads and yarn
Etimo Tulip Steel Crochet Hook Set
The Tulip Lace Crochet Hook set has the same elastomer comfort grip as the Etimo. This Set has lavender blue handles. The hooks are durable quality polished steel.
The Set includes 8 Etimo Crochet Hooks (14-0), two yarn needles, high-quality thread scissors, a 4-1/2″ plastic ruler, and a cute fabric clutch.
- 0 (1.75mm)
- 2 (1.50mm)
- 4 (1.25mm)
- 6 (1.00mm)
- 8 (0.90mm)
- 10 (0.75mm)
- 12 (0.60mm)
- 14 (0.50mm)
- The cushion comfort grip makes doing fine crochet projects easier
- Superior quality
- If you are new to lace crochet, working with a smaller crochet hook may be challenging. With practice it will get easier.
Etimo Tulip Grey Set
Set of 9 crochet hooks, from D/3.25mm to K/6.5mm
Hook length: approx. 5.5 inches.
Bundle includes ONE (1) hook of each size, a total of 9 crochet hooks (8 hooks in Etimo set + K/6.5mm).
- D – 3.25mm
- E – 3.50mm
- F – 3.75mm
- G- 4.00mm
- US7- 4.5mm
- H- 5.00mm
- I- 5.5mm
- J- 6.0mm
- K- 6.5mm
Included in the set – high-quality thread scissors; 2 sizes of tapestry needles; and a 4.5″ ruler.
- The elastomer comfort grip is comfortable, functional, and durable
- Aluminum hook has a polished finish that doesn’t flake or chip
- A clear flap folds over all the tools for protection.
- The silver fabric case folds and closes with a magnetic snap.
- The label for the hook size is an overlay, but it doesn’t seem come off
Tulip Etimo Red Hooks
These hooks have a red matte aluminum finish, and the ergonomic handles are also red. Using these hooks with dark colors is a breeze.
1/0 (1.8mm), 2/0 (2mm), 3/0 (2.2mm), 4/0 (2.5mm), 5/0 (3.0mm), 6/0 (3.5mm), 7/0 (4.0mm), 7.5/0 (4.5mm), 8/0 (5.0mm), 9/0 (5.5mm), 10/0 (6.0mm), & 10.5/0 (6.50mm).
- Gorgeous color
Tulip Etimo Red Hook Set
This set contains Tulip Etimo Red crochet hooks with cushion grip, two tapestry needles, ruler, and a red polk-dot fabric case.
Metric sizes: 1.80, 2.00, 2.20, 2.50, 3.00, 3.50, 4.00, 5.00mm.
- Easy on the eyes as there is no glare from hook
- Good range of small and medium hooks
- You need to love the color red
Your Questions Answered
Tulip Etimo Vs Clover Amour
- The Etimo is slightly longer than the Clover Amour
- Tulip Etimos are different shades of pink, grey, and red
- Clover Amour hooks are bright colors, and different sizes are a different color
- Both brands have slightly pointed hooks
- Users found the handles of Tulip Etimo are comfortable in both knife grip and pencil grip. But not as comfortable as Clover Amour.
Tulip Etimo Vs Clover Soft Touch
- Clover Soft touch has a shorter shaft than Tulip Etimo
- Tulip has a more significant thumb rest
- Clover Soft Touch thumbpad is flat with a smaller rubber grip
- Both brands of hooks glide smoothly through the yarn
Does Tulip Etimo Make Larger Crochet Hooks?
Tulip Etimo does come in larger size hooks. The Tulip ETIMO GrandHook has a plastic hook with a comfort grip. It is available in four sizes: 8.0mm (green), 10.0mm (pink), 12.0mm (purple) and 15.0mm (blue)
Are Tulip Etimo Clover Soft Touch?
Tulip Etimo and Clover Soft Touch are two different brands of hooks. They both have an ergonomic handle.
In The Tulip Etimo Rose Set Hooks What One Is The Size J?
The J size is 6mm in the Tulip Etimo Rose Set.
Do Any Stores Sell Tulip Etimo Hooks?
It’s challenging to find Tulip brand hooks in craft stores in the United States. It seems they are only available online. (Aka Caron Tulip Etimo in the U.S.)
Hope you found this guide helpful.
Tell me about your experience with these hooks. Do you like them?
Next > Cyber Monday Yarn Deals