Lightweight, smooth, and often very detailed and beautiful, wooden crochet hooks are many crocheters’ preferred tools.
Read on for my reviews of the best wooden crochet hooks.
Table Of Contents
- Wood Crochet Hooks
- Wood Crochet Hooks Set
- Bamboo Crochet Hooks
- Rosewood Crochet Hooks
- Ergonomic Wooden Crochet Hooks
- Wooden Handle Crochet Hooks
- Susan Bates Wooden Crochet Hooks Set
- Handmade Wooden Crochet Hooks
- Your Questions Answered
Wood Crochet Hooks
We Crochet offer a range of colorful and beautiful hooks.
- Caspian Regular Hooks – Laminated birch in greens and blues.
- Majestic Regular Hooks – 6 inches in length, laminated birch in purples and blues
- Radiant Regular Hooks – 6 inches in length, laminated birch in reds, yellows, and purple
All the above hooks are available in
- E-4 (3.5mm)
- G-6 (4.0mm)
- 7 (4.5mm)
- H-8 (5.0mm)
- I-9 (5.5mm)
- J-10 (6.0mm)
- K-10.5 (6.5mm)
- L-11 (8.0mm)
- M/N-13 (9.0mm)
- N/P-15 (10.0mm)
These ergonomic Camwood hooks feature the signature Furls teardrop body shape, a pointy tip for better stitch penetration, and a beautifully polished surface.
F (3.75mm), G (4.0mm), G+ (4.5mm), H (5.0mm), I: 5.5mm, J (6.0mm), K (6.5mm), L (7.0mm), M (8.0mm), N (9.0mm), P (10.0mm)
Ebony hooks have a teardrop body shape, a pointy tip, and a smooth surface.
G (4.0mm), G+ (4.5mm), H (5.0mm), I: 5.5mm, J (6.0mm), K (6.5mm), L (7.0mm), M (8.0mm), N (9.0mm), P (10.0mm)
Designed to nestle into the human hand’s MCP joint while distributing hand tension through the body of the hook. Each crochet stick has the size engraved into the side, making identification a breeze!
D (3.25mm), E (3.5mm), F (3.75mm), G (4.0mm), G+ (4.5mm), H (5.0mm), I: 5.5mm, J (6.0mm), K (6.5mm), L (7.0mm), M (8.0mm), N (9.0mm), P (10.0mm)
Wood Crochet Hooks Set
Set of wooden crochet hooks for crocheting. Seven intricately carved pieces made of natural Altai cedarwood.
Size: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 mm. Length 17cm, diameter 16 mm. Handmade.
People who have arthritis will find these crochet hooks comfortable to use.
- Possible to crochet for long periods without hand cramping.
- Pleasant to the touch
- Comfortable to hold in your hand.
- Helps to crochet for long periods
- The sizing isn’t etched on the hook
- You might not want to use them because they’re too beautiful!
We Crochet Mosaic Regular Crochet Set
The Mosaic Crochet Hook Set includes Radiant, Caspian, and Majestic hooks. The colors are lovely. The distinct sequence of colors makes it easier to identify each size. The sizes are labeled on the packaging.
Set includes the following Crochet Hooks:
- E-4 (3.5mm) Majestic
- F-5 (3.75 mm) Caspian
- G-6 (4.0 mm) Radiant
- 7 (4.5 mm) Majestic
- H-8 (5.0mm) Caspian
- I-9 (5.5 mm) Radiant
- J-10 (6.0 mm) Majestic
- K-10.5 (6.5 mm) Caspian
- Inline hook
- Beautiful colors
- Smooth surface
- The hooks don’t have the sizes marked on them
We Crochet Radiant Wood Crochet Set
The bright, bold, and warm rays of their newest colorway are an incandescent array of red, orange, yellow, and purple.
Radiant Crochet Hooks have a smooth finish. They’re deeply grooved hooks, which allow for precision control over each stitch. Radiant Crochet Hooks are 6″ in length.
Set includes: E-4 (3.5mm), F-5 (3.75mm), G-6 (4.0mm), 7 (4.5mm), H-8 (5.0mm), I-9 (5.5mm), J-10 (6.0mm), and K-10.5 (6.5 mm).
- Inline hooks
- Comfortable in the hand
- Travel smoothly over the yarn
- Suitable for Pencil grip holders
- Some knife hold users found the scoring on the end of the hook rubbed on their palm. They had to switch to the pencil grip.
Set of 12 lightweight wooden hooks. All hooks have their size engraved onto the handle and have indents for your finger and thumb for added comfort.
Made from 100% Bamboo.
Hook Length – 15cm
Metric Sizes: 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, and 10mm.
US Number Sizes: 2.5, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 15 (7mm).
- Inline hook
- Finger and thumb indents
- No US sizing marked on the hook
These Crochet Hooks are made from Indian Rosewood. The carving at the end of the hook is intricate. The hooks are tapered, and the hook head is smooth.
- Beautiful color and grain
- Carvings are lovely
- Not all sizes available
Wooden Ergonomic Crochet Hooks
These are stunning hand-carved hooks. They can be customized using the choice of woods you prefer.
Two kinds of hardwoods of different colors and texture are used. The principal wood for the central part and the second wood for the side.
The hardest types of wood are for the smallest sizes and softer and less dense ones for larger sizes.
Length of crochet hooks varyes from 5,5″ to 8,7″, average are about 6,5 – 7″ (16,5 – 17,5 cm) diameter is between 0,7″ and 1″.
- Gorgeous woods and colors
- Hand turned
- Beautiful designs
- Can customize your preferences for woods (with their suggestions, as different sizes require different qualities.)
- Ergonomic large handle
- There is much detail to consider when purchasing these hooks. Don’t be put off by the time it takes; these are beautiful hooks and worth the effort.
Wood Handle Crochet Hooks
These beechwood handles are hand-painted in floral designs. There are many color choices, and the floral designs vary. They are covered with Shellac Sanding Sealer.
The size of hooks are small diameters to use for lacework and intricate designs with fine crochet thread.
The whole length is 12 cm.
- Beautiful designs
- Ergonomic handles
- Not available in the larger sizes.
Susan Bates Wooden Crochet Hooks Set
Unfortunately, they don’t sell wooden crochet hooks in a set. Only extreme crochet hooks for bulky yarn sold individually are available.
Handmade Wooden Crochet Hooks
Varnished Wooden crochet hook for crocheting made with beech wood.
Size: 4 mm, G/6; Length 175, diameter 15.
- Inline hook
- Lovely carving
- Highly polished
- Just the one size
Handcarved Rowan wood in size: 3 mm (C/2)
- Lovely shape
- May take a long time to deliver
Your Questions Answered
Are Bamboo Crochet Hooks Better Than Wood Crochet Hooks?
Thank goodness we all have a choice of materials for crochet hooks. Bamboo and Wood crochet hooks have similar characteristics that they are both lightweight and smooth to touch.
The colors and grains in the wood are various and beautiful.
It is worth trying out both sorts to see which you prefer.
What Are Some Affordable Wooden Crochet Hooks?
We Crochet stock different colored laminated birch hooks. Crocheters highly recommend them.
See their full range here.
Can You Get Multi Colored Wooden Crochet Hooks?
Yes, you can get wooden crochet hooks multicolor. We Crochet has beautiful hooks made out of laminated birch wood, and are available in four different colorways.
- Radiant – (red, orange, yellow, and purple)
- Caspian – (blue, green, aqua)
- Majestic – (green, purple, blue)
- Mosaic – (a combination of all of the above)
Wooden Crochet Hooks Vs Metal
Here is a comparison of wood hooks and metal hooks.
- More expensive
- Less wide availability
- Requires more maintenance
- Generally more comfortable to use
- Naturally ergonomic
- Arguably more sustainable
- Better for beginners
- The yarn tends to grab slightly.
- Widely available
- Requires less maintenance
- Not recommended for people with arthritis and hand pain
- Great for advanced crocheters
- Good for speed crochet
I hope the wooden hooks reviewed above help you choose one right for you.
Do you have a favorite wooden hook? If so, please let me know in the comments section below or get in touch with me here.
READ NEXT – Want more info on hooks and their types? See here.