Steel crochet hooks, tiny hooks for tiny, delicate, and intricate designs, like when you’re making crocheted lace. They’re made of this kind of metal because they need to be extra tough and durable.
After all, the smaller something gets, the easier it is to accidentally break when using it. Susan Bates has a complete range of steel crochet hooks, and their line of these is called Steelite.
Read on for my review of Susan Bates Steelite.
Table Of Contents
- Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Set
- Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook
- Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Sizes
- Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Size Chart
- Susan Bates Covers For Steel Crochet Hook
Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Set
A well-priced, affordable pack of six different crochet hooks sizes, for all manner of projects. These would serve as a great crotat hook.
- Sizes Included – 1.15mm, 1.25mm, 1.4mm, 1.5mm, 2.35mm, and 2.55mm
- Comes with a clear vinyl case
- Each size is marked for easy access
- Well crafted and long-lasting
- A great starter set for beginners to crocheting with crochet lace
- The steel is nickel-plated, so this isn’t a good choice for those who have nickel sensitivities.
- Unfortunately, this is the only collection of sizes available. If you need other options, you’ll have to buy them separately.
- These aren’t inline, as they can’t make smaller hooks with that head design.
Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook
If you’d prefer to buy each size separately, they’re available from a wide variety of sources. They might even be in your favorite craft store. Some sizes aren’t available in sets and have to be bought individually.
- Sizes Available – Only US Size 0 (2.55 mm), however more sizing options are available in the different listings in the same shop. Take a look at their shop for more information.
- All sorts of sizes available
- Good customer service
- Fast shipping
- Durable and long-lasting
- Some sizes are subject to availability.
Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Sizes
Steel crochet hooks have a different sizing system to regular hooks due to them being so small.
Susan Bates Steel Crochet Hook Size Chart
In my post, Susan Bates Crochet Hook Sizes Chart, it has a chart of all the steel crochet hook sizes available from Susan Bates. Click here for more information.
Susan Bates Covers For Steel Crochet Hook
For those who have arthritic hands or have hand pain/strain or carpal tunnel syndrome, Susan Bates has created a cushioning cover to put over the hook when you crochet.
Called a Susan Bates Comfort Cushion, it’s made out of rubber. It might be an excellent choice if you have trouble crocheting for long periods.
- Fits smallers sizes of steel crochet hooks
- Can be hard to find
- Slightly awkward to use at first, but it gets easier
Hopefully, this post helped you find what you needed on steel crochet hooks. Steelite from Susan Bates is high quality, long-lasting and durable.
Happy crocheting! What kind of things to you crochet when you use steel hooks? I’d be interested to see any current works in progress or your plans for your next project.