Clover Crochet Hooks are a popular choice for crocheters. The ergonomic comfort grip handles means you can crochet for extended periods without wrist and hand fatigue. More time means more projects can be completed.
In this post I’m sharing what hooks are in the Clover Range.
Table Of Contents
- Company Overview
- Clover Ergonomic Crochet Hooks
- Clover Amour Crochet Hooks
- Clover Amure Crochet Hooks Set
- Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks
- Clover Tunisian Crochet Hooks
- Clover Bamboo Crochet Hooks
- Double Ended Tunisian Hooks
- Frequently Asked Questions
Established in 1925, it was founded by Mr. Toshio Okada at the age of 26. The US line – Clover Needlecraft, Inc. develops and manufactures needle crafting products.
The company offers a wide range of needlecraft products, including crochet hooks, knitting needles, embroidery and needle felting tools, lace-making products, quilting, and sewing needles.
Clover Needlecraft serves customers worldwide. They’re a Japanese company. Their US line is based in California USA.
At A Glance
- Company Website
- Support & Contact
- Socials – Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube
Clover manufactures different styles of ergonomic crochet hooks, which I’ve reviewed below.
The Clover Amour Crochet Hook Set is an excellent addition to any crocheter’s collection. They’re a popular choice as the ergonomic handle allows for more extended periods of crocheting.
The set includes 10 Hooks from size B-2.25mm, C-2.75mm, D-3.25mm, E-3.50mm, F-3.75mm, G-4.00mm, 7-4.50mm, H-5.00mm, I-5.50mm, and J-6.00mm.
- Comfort Grip crochet hook
- Bright colors
- The handles are smooth and lightweight.
- The handles are medium width.
- Sizing is imprinted in the rubber handle, making it easy to tell what size hook it is.
- The different colored handles each relate to a different size
- The elastomer rubber covering doesn’t have a strong ‘straight from the factory’ smell.
- Suitable for both pencil hold and knife hold crocheters.
- The aluminum shaft has no burring so it won’t snag your yarn. The larger hooks (size K and up) have a plastic shaft. They’re also lightweight despite the larger size.
- It’s a little heavier than a standard aluminum hook and bamboo hook.
Clover Amure Crochet Hooks
This crochet clover hooks set consists of 8 hooks ranging in size from 2mm, 2.3, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5 and 6 mm.
They have the same handle and shaft as the Amour hook.
- Super comfortable grip
- Easy to hold
- This set only includes 8 sizes.
Many crocheters swear by these hooks. They love the top-notch, comfortable handle and thumb rest. The shaft is long enough to do multiple stitches like bobbles.
Sizes available: (2.25mm/B ) to size (6mm/J )
- The ergonomic handle tapers towards the end.
- There’s no bulk or weight when holding in your hand.
- The handle is plastic with a black rubber thumb rest
- The hook shape is tapered, and it’s very smooth with a rounder, softer tip
- The hook isn’t inline with the shaft of the hook
- There’s a narrowing at the throat of the hook.
- Stitches glide smoothly over the shaft.
- Suitable for knife grip and pencil grip
- It only comes in the golden brown with a gold hook.
- They’re not ideal for tight crocheters because the tapered throat allows the working loop to slip even smaller and tighter as you’re crocheting.
Soft Touch Steel Hooks
The Clover Soft Touch Crochet hooks also come in smaller sizes, and the hook is made from steel. These are perfect for intricate designs using fine thread and lacework.
The sizes are:
No. 0 (1.75mm), No. 2 (1.50mm), No. 4 (1.25mm), No. 6 (1.00mm), No. 8 (0.90mm), No. 10 (0.75mm), No. 12 (0.60mm), No. 14 (0.50mm)-Art. No 1027Click to Learn More / Buy from Amazon
The long length of these hooks allows you to hold multiple stitches for the Tunisian crochet technique. The styles are interchangeable and double-ended.
Clover Interchangeable Tunisian Hooks
They’re made from smooth bamboo with a stainless steel connection at the end. The cords are flexible plastic.
The set includes nine sizes:
- Size E (3.25mm), Size F (3.75mm), Size G (4mm), Size 7 (4.5mm), Size H (5mm), Size I (5.5mm), Size J (6mm), Size K (6.5mm), Size L (8mm).
- 5 cord lengths – 16″ (41cm), 24″ (61cm), 29″ (74cm), 36″ (91cm) and 48″ (120cm)
- Five cord stoppers
- Travel pouch
- Lightweight and makes Tunisian crochet easy to do.
- The hook head is inline with a pointed head.
- The hook and cord connection swivels. As you work, there won’t be any annoying twisting of the cord.
- The pouch has sections to keep hooks, cords, and stoppers in their place.
- If you prefer a more tapered head on your hook these may not suit you.
Double Ended Tunisian Hooks
Made from bamboo, they have a hook at both ends. Using these hooks is great for crocheting in the round and for projects using two colors.
Available in 4 sizes:
- Size G (4.0mm)
- Size H (5.0mm)
- Size I (5.5mm)
- Size J (6.0mm)
- Great for thicker yarns
- Crocheting in the round
- Working with two different colors
- Not available in smaller sizes
Clover offers individual bamboo hooks, but it isn’t easy to find a range of sizes.
You can purchase the Bamboo interchangeable Tunisian hooks separately.Click to Learn More / Buy from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Are Clover Crochet Hooks Made?
They’re made in Japan.
What Is An N Crochet Hook In Clover Hooks?
An N Crochet Clover hook is a size 15mm.
What Is A Clover Crochet Hook 2mm?
The Amure Clover Crochet Hook set contains a 2mm sized hook.
What Is Clover Needlecraft 6550 Amour Crochet Hook, 12 Mm Made From?
The hook shaft is made from aluminum, and the handle is elastomer.
Why Are The Larger Clover Crochet Hooks Made Of Plastic?
The larger sized clover crochet hooks are made of plastic to keep the hook lightweight.
Where To Buy Clover Crochet Hooks & Where To Find Clover Crochet Hooks?
You can buy these hooks from craft stores, online stores, and from the Clover Website.
Does Clover Crochet Hooks Have A Longer Handle?
Clover crochet hooks are 5.5 inches. They are longer than the Susan Bates hooks but almost half an inch shorter than the Boye hooks.
This company has an excellent range, and have a wide enough selection to suit almost any crocheter. Plus, they’re all made with quality materials.
Did you find these reviews helpful? Let me know if you have tried these hooks or plan on trying them!
Get in touch with me here, or leave a comment below.