A crochet kit is excellent! Create a crochet project without buying all the individual items.
My Quick Recommendations
- My Top Pick – The Willow Scarf – A cozy, textured scarf with simple stitches
- Best Luxury Option – Bobby Bobble Hat – A gorgeous hat with a pom pom
- Best Budget Pick – Beginners Crochet Kit – Everything for Crochet newbies
Crochet kits that include yarn help you learn or practice crochet. If you’re a beginner or want to complete a project but are lost, a crochet kit is an answer!
If you’re an advanced crocheter, relax with something simple. Or step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
There’s something to suit every taste in my selection. From crochet kits for beginners to advanced crocheters.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Crochet Kit
- Beginners Crochet Kit
- The Willow Scarf
- Bobby Bobble Hat
- Dishcloths Kit
- The Mid Century Blanket
- Fred The Dinosaur Kit
- Learn To Crochet Beanies Kit
- Eco Friendly Toy Kit
- Hanging Rainbow Decoration
- Crochet Necklace Kit
- Berrocco Baby Eden Blanket Kit
- Crocheted Small Storage Baskets
- Susan Bates Learn Crochet Kit
- 4M Crochet Art
- The Benefits Of Using A Crochet Kit
- Things To Consider In The Best Crochet Kit
The Best Crochet Kit
Beginner Crochet Kit
Everything you need for crocheting! Create a simple scarf, beanie, or cowl.
- WeCrochet Bright Crochet Hook Set – 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm (E-4), 4.0mm (G-6), 4.5mm (7), 5.0mm (H-8), 5.5mm (I-9), 6.0mm (J-10)
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Retractable Tape Measure
- Steeking Scissors
- Bent Tip Tapestry Needles
- 2 balls of Brava Sport in Dove Heather
- Includes everything you need to start on your crochet journey
- An excellent range of hook sizes
- Notions to use again and again
- Only comes in the colors listed
- The hooks are only marked with the mm size.
The Willow Scarf
Using basic stitches, create this gorgeous scarf. The fringe and pocket details are divine.
The kit includes Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn. (Wool and acrylic.)
Opt to include a Clover Amour hook with a soft ergonomic handle and large eye blunt needles to weave in the ends.
- Soft wearable yarn
- The thickness of the super bulky yarn is easier to handle
- You can choose another color but the soft green is delightful
- The pockets need effort but don’t let this put you off
Bobby Bobble Hat Kit
Make a chunky ribbed hat. Think of how warm your head will be in colder weather!
The kit has enough British wool for the hat, a bamboo crochet hook, pattern, a how-to crochet guide, and a pom pom maker.
- 7 colors available
- Easy to understand pattern
- Items are in a box to protect them
- Receives 5 stars customer ratings
- May take time to ship if you aren’t in the UK
Learn To Crochet Dishcloths
Create 2 colorful dishcloths using different techniques.
- Single & Double crochet stitches
- Granny Square technique.
The yarn is 100% worsted-weight cotton. It stays colorful after many washes.
- Instruction booklet
- Six balls of yarn
- Majestic Crochet Hook size G-6 (4.00mm)
- Aqua and silver sparkle zippered pouch
- Project bag to keep your goodies
- Functional projects (dishcloths are handy)
- Fun colors
- Simple techniques
- You can’t choose the colors
Stained Glass Crochet Wrap
A lovely light crochet wrap with a two-row repeat. This kit includes cotton and polyester blend yarn. It has a beautiful drape.
- Digital pattern is easy to follow
- Striped yarn includes blues, yellows, greens and purples
- Machine washable and machine dry
- Affordable price
- Not a quick project
The Mid Century Blanket
The simple stitches create a lovely texture. The rustic colors suit many home decors. This gorgeous blanket measures 39″ x 74″.
The yarn is anti-pill and 100% acrylic, suitable for crochet blankets.
- Easy to do repeated stitches
- Choose your own colors if the above don’t suit your decor
- Soft yarn
- Machine washable and dryable
- After lots of use it may get fluffy but they will disappear after placing it in the washing machine
Dinosaur Crochet Kit
Fred the Dino is delightful and simple to complete. Use the helpful step by step video tutorial.
The Woobles have taken care of the beginning of the project for you!
The kit includes
- Plastic eyes
- Tapestry needle to sew in the ends
- Optional – a hook for a small extra charge
- Simple instructions
- Excellent for beginners
- A small project and won’t take lots of time
- Accessories are included
- Due to the small size, it may be fiddly. As you get more confident it won’t matter
Learn To Crochet Beanies Kit
Everything you need to crochet a simple Beanie Hat. Once you do one you’ll be on to your next. Great ideas for gifts or donations to charities.
- Printed book
- Acrylic yarn
- Wooden crochet hook
- Tote bag
- Easy care yarn – machine washable and dryable
- Great value for money
- Unisex colors
- The bag may show a bit of wear and tear over time
Eco-Friendly Kids Toy Kit
A fun tactile linked rings toy for little ones. The yarn is organic cotton and lovely and soft. There are three color combinations for the rings.
The pattern is fully illustrated. Also included are the stuffing, a blunt-tipped yarn needle, and a blank upcycled gift card.
- Lovely and soft
- Different color versions available
- Easy to follow pattern (US terms or UK terms)
- Eco friendly
- Excellent customer ratings
- If you’re a complete beginner this may be tricky
Hanging Rainbow Decoration
Bring some colorful cheer into your space and make this cute decoration.
The instructions step you through creating the rainbow.
- Seven colors of 100% acrylic DK yarn
- Needle to sew in your ends
- Fun and colorful
- Simple to do
- Hang anywhere you like!
- Requires patience so take your time learning the stitches
Crochet Necklace Kit
Do you love handmade jewelry? These groovy cord necklaces are great! The cotton cord is 100% recycled, and the modern color options are gorgeous.
- Clear instructions with pictures
- Quick dispatch and delivery
- Beautifully packaged
- Five star reviews
- Excellent seller communication
- May seem difficult for brand-new beginners but ask the seller for help.
Berrocco Baby Eden Blanket Kit
A delightful chevron striped patterns blanket in super soft acrylic wood blend yarn. The kits have 5 different color themes.
The finished blanket measures approx 31″ (79cm) wide x 46″ (117cm) long.
This project kit suits an advanced beginner. There are plenty of video tutorials on how to do chevron stripes.
- Soft and cozy DK weight yarn perfect for babies
- Machine washable
- Repeating pattern
- Hook and notions need to be bought separately
DIY Storage Baskets
These sweet baskets are a great way to store small items. The kit comes with everything to make two baskets.
- 4.5″ (11.5cm) wide by 2.5” (6cm) high.
- Store small loose items in something you’ve made yourself
- Good range of colors
- Simple design
- Includes a hook, stitch markers, pattern booklet, & video tutorial
- OEKO-TEC standard 100 Certified cotton yarn
- Not for crochet beginners as some experience needed.
Susan Bates Learn Crochet Kit
An instruction book with simple instructions and clear diagrams make learning easy. The book contains more than thirty projects to complete and includes left-hand instructions.
Great for anyone wanting to have a selection of hooks.
This kit contains
- Five Susan Bates Silvalume crochet hooks (US sizes G, H, I, J & K)
- One afghan hook
- Two yarn needles
- Knit gauge
- Easy to understand instructions for beginners new to crochet
- The hooks are a larger size for newbies
- Doesn’t include yarn materials
4M Crochet Art
This kit is great for kids aged 8 and up who want to learn some fun projects.
- 2 hooks
- Plastic needle for sewing in ends
- 7 colors of yarn
The projects in the booklet are a coaster, a handbag, a placemat, or a belt.
- Interesting designs
- Kids may need help
The Benefits Of Using Crochet Kits
For Beginner Crocheters
They help you start your first project. You don’t have to make many choices.
Here are some reasons and benefits of using a crochet kit.
- They save time, no need to search for hours to find everything you need
- They’re convenient. Everything comes ready to use
- Easy to complete
- Helpful instructions
- Learn new techniques and stitches
Projects like scarves or dishcloths are perfect projects to start with.
For Advanced Crocheters
Yes, most target beginners, but there are options for you too! Sometimes, you want to sit and relax with a simple project.
Here are some reasons and benefits of using a crochet kit.
- Everything is delivered, ready to go.
- Learn new techniques
- Try something you haven’t tried before
- No need to stress over decisions
- Saves money
- Discover new yarns, products, and projects
Things To Consider In The Best Crochet Kits
- Does It Include Yarn? – Not all kits include yarn, so check if you wantt in your kit. Read the customer reviews to decide if the yarn is good quality.
- If It Includes Yarn, What Kind Is It? – If you’re a beginner, choose yarn that isn’t too bulky or too fine.
- Does It Include Instructions? – Make sure it does.
- Does It Have A Storage Case? – This is important if it has small or fiddly items included. You don’t want to lose them!
- What Skill Level? – If you’re a beginner or want to practice, look for something labeled as a crochet kit for beginners.
- Does It Have Multiple Sizes Of Crochet Hooks? – If crochet kits have instructions for a variety of projects, you need different sizes.
- Is The Return Policy Fair? – Sometimes, an individual item in crochet kits doesn’t work or is missing. Check the return policy allows you to return one of the products or compensates you by replacing the whole kit.
The perfect crochet kits to practice your crochet skills. Hope you find something, and you’re happy with your project! Which will you choose?