A crochet kit is excellent! Create a crochet project without buying all the individual items.
My Quick Recommendations
- My Top Pick – The Willow Scarf – A cozy, textured scarf with simple stitches
- Best Luxury Option – Bobby Bobble Hat – A gorgeous hat with a pom pom
- Best Budget Pick – Beginners Crochet Kit – Everything for Crochet newbies
Crochet kits that include yarn help you learn or practice crochet. If you’re a beginner or want to complete a project but are lost, a crochet kit is an answer! If you’re an advanced crocheter, relax with something simple. Or step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
There’s something to suit every taste in my selection, from crochet kits for beginners to advanced crocheters. See the list below.
I reviewed and updated this post on January 7, 2022.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Crochet Kit
- Beginners Crochet Kit
- The Willow Scarf
- Bobby Bobble Hat
- Dishcloths Kit
- The Mid Century Blanket
- Fred The Dinosaur Kit
- Learn To Crochet Beanies Kit
- Eco-Friendly Toy Kit
- Hanging Rainbow Decoration
- Crochet Necklace Kit
- Berrocco Baby Eden Blanket Kit
- Crocheted Small Storage Baskets
- Susan Bates Learn Crochet Kit
- 4M Crochet Art
- The Benefits Of Using A Crochet Kit
- Things To Consider In The Best Crochet Kit
The Best Crochet Kit
Beginner Crochet Kit
Everything you need for crocheting! Create a simple cowl. We crochet is a company that knows how important it is to have a simple project to give you confidence. Orders are received and dispatched for shipping quickly.
- A printed version of the Mini Hook Book: Learn to Crochet. This includes what you need to follow to crochet the cowl.
- 2 balls of Chroma Worsted (70% superwash merino/30% nylon)(1 each of Black & Red Velvet)
- Caspian Regular Crochet Hook G-6 (4.0mm) in lovely greens and blues.
- Retractable Tape Measure
- Bent Tip Tapestry Needle 58mm
- Locking Stitch Markers
- WeCrochet Feelin’ Superfine – Project Bag
- Includes everything you need to start on your crochet journey
- The results look great!
- Hook included
- Notions to use again and again
- Secure online payments
- Sometimes can be on sale
- Only comes in the colors listed
Choose from a great range of gifts for people who like to crochet for friends and family.
The Willow Scarf
Using basic stitches, create this gorgeous scarf. The fringe and pocket details are divine. The kit includes Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn. (Wool and acrylic.) Opt to include a Clover Amour hook with a soft ergonomic handle and large eye blunt needles to weave in the ends.
- Soft wearable yarn
- Simple back and forth stitch pattern
- The thickness of the super bulky yarn is easier to handle
- You can choose another color but the pale green is delightful
- Offers and deals can be found
- The pockets may seem a bit of a business, but don’t let this put you off
Want yarn for another project? See my best sock yarn review.
Bobby Bobble Hat Kit
Make a chunky ribbed hat. Think of how warm your head will be in colder weather! The kit has enough British wool for the hat, a bamboo crochet hook, a pattern, a how-to crochet guide, and a pom pom maker. This seller has a great collection of kits.
- 7 colors available
- Easy to understand the pattern
- Items are in a box to protect them
- Receives 5 stars customer ratings
- This product may take time to ship to another country if you aren’t in the United Kingdom.
Stained Glass Crochet Wrap
A lovely light crochet wrap with a two-row repeat. This kit includes cotton and polyester blend yarn. It has a beautiful drape.
- The digital pattern is easy to follow
- Striped yarn includes blues, yellows, greens, and purples
- Machine washable and machine dry
- Affordable price
- Not a quick project
The Mid Century Blanket
The simple stitches create a lovely texture. The rustic colors suit many home decors. This gorgeous blanket measures 39″ x 74″. The Lion Brand yarn is anti-pill and 100% acrylic, suitable for crochet blankets.
- Easy to do repeated stitches
- Choose your own colors if the above don’t suit your decor preferences
- Soft yarn
- Machine washable and dryable
- After lots of use, it may get fluffy, but they will disappear after placing it in the washing machine
Dinosaur Crochet Kit
Fred the Dino is delightful and simple to complete. Use the helpful step by step video tutorial. The Woobles have taken care of the beginning of the project for you!
The kit includes
- Plastic eyes
- Tapestry needle to sew in the ends
- Optional – a hook for a small extra charge
- Simple instructions
- Excellent for beginners
- A small project and won’t take lots of time
- Accessories are included
- Due to the small size, it may be fiddly. As you get more confident it won’t matter
Eco-Friendly Kids Toy Kit
A fun tactile linked rings toy for little ones. The yarn is organic cotton. There are three color combinations for the rings. The pattern is fully illustrated. Also included are the stuffing, a blunt-tipped yarn needle, and a blank upcycled gift card.
- Lovely and soft
- Different color versions are available
- Easy to follow the pattern (US terms or UK terms)
- Eco friendly
- Excellent customer ratings
- Fast shipping
- If you’re a complete beginner, this may be tricky
Hanging Rainbow Decoration
Bring some colorful cheer into your space and make this cute decoration. The instructions step you through creating the rainbow. These make great gifts.
- Seven colors of 100% acrylic DK yarn
- Hook by Prym (one of the quality brands of hooks)
- Needle to sew in your ends
- Fun and colorful
- Simple to do
- Hang anywhere you like!
- Requires patience so take your time learning the stitches
Crochet Necklace Kit
Do you love handmade jewelry? These groovy cord necklaces are great! Stock up on more than just one. The cotton cord is 100% recycled, and the modern color options are gorgeous.
- Clear instructions with pictures
- Quick dispatch and delivery
- Beautifully packaged
- Five star reviews on Etsy
- Excellent seller communication
- It may seem difficult for brand-new beginners but ask the seller for help.
Berrocco Baby Eden Blanket Kit
A delightful chevron striped patterns blanket in super soft acrylic wood blend yarn. The kits have 5 different color themes. The finished blanket measures approx 31″ (79cm) wide x 46″ (117cm) long. This project kit suits an advanced beginner. There are plenty of video tutorials on how to do chevron stripes.
- Soft and cozy DK weight yarn perfect for babies
- Machine washable
- Repeating pattern
- Hook and notions crochet supplies need to be bought separately
DIY Storage Baskets
These sweet baskets are a great way to store small items. The kit comes with everything to make two baskets.
- 4.5″ (11.5cm) wide by 2.5” (6cm) high.
- Store small loose items in something you’ve made yourself
- Good range of colors
- Simple design
- Includes a hook, stitch markers, pattern booklet, & video tutorial
- OEKO-TEC standard 100 Certified cotton yarn
- Not for crochet beginners as some experience is needed.
Susan Bates Learn Crochet Kit
An instruction book with simple instructions and clear diagrams make learning easy. The book contains more than thirty projects to complete and includes left-hand instructions. Great for anyone wanting to have a selection of hooks.
This kit contains
- Five Susan Bates Silvalume crochet hooks (US sizes G, H, I, J & K)
- One afghan hook
- Two yarn needles
- Knit gauge
- Easy to understand instructions for beginners new to crochet
- The hooks are a larger size for newbies
- Doesn’t include yarn materials
4M Crochet Art
This kit is great for kids aged 8 and up who want to learn some fun projects.
- 2 hooks
- Plastic needle for sewing in ends
- 7 colors of yarn
The projects in the booklet are a coaster, a handbag, a placemat, or a belt.
- Interesting designs
- Kids may need help
The Benefits Of Using Crochet Kits
For Beginner Crocheters
They help you start your first project. You don’t have to make many choices.
Here are some reasons and benefits of using a crochet kit.
- They save time, no need to search for hours to find everything you need
- They’re convenient. Everything comes ready to use
- Easy to complete
- Helpful instructions
- Learn new techniques and stitches
Projects like scarves or dishcloths are perfect projects to start with.
For Advanced Crocheters
Yes, most target beginners, but there are options for you too! Sometimes, you want to sit and relax with a simple project.
Here are some reasons and benefits of using a crochet kit.
- Everything is delivered, ready to go.
- Learn new techniques
- Try something you haven’t tried before
- No need to stress over decisions
- Saves money
- Discover new yarns, products, and projects
Things To Consider In The Best Crochet Kits
- Does It Include Yarn? – Not all kits include yarn, so check if you want it in your kit. Read the customer reviews to decide if the yarn is of good quality.
- If It Includes Yarn, What Kind Is It? – If you’re a beginner, choose a yarn that isn’t too bulky or too fine.
- Does It Include Instructions? – Make sure it does as this is essential information. If you have difficulties you can often google how to do a certain stitch.
- Does It Have A Storage Case? – This is important if it has small or fiddly items included. You don’t want to lose them!
- What Skill Level? – If you’re a beginner or want to practice, look for something labeled as a crochet kit for beginners.
- Does It Have Multiple Sizes Of Crochet Hooks? – If crochet kits have instructions for a variety of projects, you need different sizes.
- Is The Return Policy Fair? – Sometimes, an individual item in crochet kits doesn’t work or is missing. Check the return policy allows you to return one of the products or compensates you by replacing the whole kit.
The perfect crochet kits to practice your crochet skills. Hope you find something, and you’re happy with your project! Which will you choose?
If you’re a beginner, read my crochet starter kit roundup to help you learn and get going with crochet. Looking for more helpful tools? See here. I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment below. Your email address is never published.