If you’re a crocheter, or have been in the world of fiber arts for a while, you would have come across Clover and their excellent products made of smooth bamboo.
The range is called Takumi. They sell crochet hooks, too, with the same quality and craftsmanship you can expect from their other items.
Read on for my guide and review of their complete range.
Table Of Contents
- Clover Bamboo Crochet Hook
- Clover Bamboo Crochet Hook Set
- Double-Ended Tunisian Crochet Hooks
- Clover Takumi Bamboo Interchangeable Tunisian Individual Crochet Hooks
- Clover Takumi Bamboo Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hook Set
- Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hooks Combo Set
Clover Crochet Hook
A lightweight bamboo inline hook. The sizes of these hooks are limited. This is a Size E/ 3-1/2-mm crochet hook.
- Smooth surface
- Pointed hook head
- Warm natural touch and feel
- Limited sizes
Clover Bamboo Crochet Hook Set
Unfortunately, it seems they don’t sell these crochet hooks in a set; you’ll have to buy them individually as you need them for each crochet project.
If you know of somewhere where you can buy them, or if the manufacturers do make then, please let me know in the comments.
Double-Ended Tunisian Crochet Hooks
Made from bamboo, they have a hook at both ends. These are great for crocheting in the round and for projects using two colors.
Available in 4 sizes:
Size G (4.0mm), Size H (5.0mm), Size I (5.5mm), Size J (6.0mm)
- Great for thicker yarns
- Crocheting in the round
- Working with two different colors
- Not available in smaller sizes
Individual Clover Takumi Bamboo Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hook
You can purchase the Tunisian Crochet Hooks individually. They are available in the following sizes:
Size E (3.25mm), Size F (3.75mm), Size G (4mm), Size 7 (4.5mm), Size H (5mm), Size I (5.5mm), Size J (6mm), Size K (6.5mm), Size L (8mm)
Cords can be purchased individually – 16″ (41cm), 24″ (61cm), 29″ (74cm), 36″ (91cm), 48″ (120cm) and the interchangeable cord stopper.
- The seamless joint between parts is smooth and even, making for easy and effortless crochet.
- A chance to try out these types of hooks before trying the whole set.
- Have to buy all parts separately.
Clover Takumi Bamboo Tunisian Crochet Hook Set
This set is a product from Japan. It includes hooks with Japanese sizing – Size 5, Size 6, Size 8, Size 10, Size 12, and Size 15 — also a large sewing needle set, five caps, and a travel case.
These Tunisian hooks have a tapered hook end and a pointed end. The stoppers go on the sharp ends.
- Great for crocheting cowls, scarves, dishcloths, hats, and baby blankets.
- Be careful with the sharp points when the stoppers aren’t on the end.
Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hooks Combo Set
They’re made from smooth bamboo with a stainless steel connection at the end. The cords are flexible plastic.
The set includes nine sizes:
Size E (3.25mm), Size F (3.75mm), Size G (4mm), Size 7 (4.5mm), Size H (5mm), Size I (5.5mm), Size J (6mm), Size K (6.5mm), Size L (8mm).
5 cord lengths – 16″ (41cm), 24″ (61cm), 29″ (74cm), 36″ (91cm) and 48″ (120cm)
Five cord stoppers and a fabric travel pouch in a white with purple trim.
- Lightweight and makes crochet easy to do.
- The hook head is inline with a pointed head.
- The hook and cord connection swivels. As you work, there won’t be any annoying twisting of the cord.
- The pouch has sections to keep hooks, cords, and stoppers in their place.
- On the pricey side but, it would be worth the investment.
Hopefully, this post helped you discover their complete range. Crochet hooks made of this smooth, slightly grippy surface are a favorite with many knitters. They also work with a variety of yarn.
This company’s range of items is an excellent example of quality crochet hooks, suitable for various crochet projects. For more options, read my post on bamboo crochet hooks.
What do you like about these products? I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.