Birch is the wood used to make Brittany crochet hooks. This wood’s characteristics are tensile strength, stability, all resistance to warping, and allows for an exceptionally smooth finish.
Each hook has a beautifully carved end. The hook is inline with a short throat, and the head is pointy. There’s no thumb rest, and it’s cylindrical.
If you’ve experienced yarn sticking on your wooden hook, you’ll be pleasantly surprised as to how the yarn glides on the Brittany Hooks.
Table Of Contents
- Brittany Crochet Hooks
- Company Overview
- Brittany Birch Crochet Hooks
- Brittany Birch Crochet Hooks Set
- Brittany Crochet Hook Black Walnut
- Brittany Crochet Wax
- How To Care For Wooden Crochet Hook Brittany
Brittany Crochet Hooks
For over 25 Years, Brittany Hooks and Knitting Needles have been crafted in America by talented craftspeople. The company is committed to protecting the environment.
With every stage of production, they minimize their environmental impact.
Brittany uses the “greenest” packaging possible; all packing is made from 100% recycled paperboard and is 100% recyclable. The label is perfectly safe to put in your compost heap.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittany Birch Crochet Hooks
Brittany products are made from Birch harvested from strictly regulated forests or small woodland owners in the United States.
If purchased from an authorized dealer, Brittany offers a five year product guaranteed against flaws and breakage from regular use. Brittany will replace broken hooks at no charge when these criteria are met.
Sizes Available –
- Style Of Hook – Inline with a short throat and pointy head.
- Length – 7 inches (18cm)
- The shape of the throat allows uniform stitches
- Super smooth surface
- Made in the U.S.A by a family run business
- Depending on your hand size, your palm, or where you hold your hook, you may touch the decorative carved end. This may be uncomfortable.
Brittany Birch Crochet Hooks Set
This complete set of crochet hooks in case is beautifully stored. Made from designer fabric of black linen with a floral screen print in rich teals, greens, and plums on a black background.
This ten pocket roll-up case of Brittany hooks closes with a grosgrain ribbon.
If this fabric doesn’t suit you, please see the seller’s other needle cases. She can sew a case for you in many of the different fabric choices.
Rolled closed, the case measures 8 x 2 1/2-inches.
Sizes Included –
- D (3.25 mm)
- E (3.5 mm)
- F (3.75 mm)
- G (4.0 mm)
- H (5.0 mm)
- I (5.5 mm)
- J (6.0 mm)
- K (6.5 mm)
- L (8.0 mm)
- M (9.0 mm)
- Style Of Hook – Inline
- Length – 7 inches
- Made From – Sustainable Birch
- Great range of sizes
- Lovely fabric case
- Decorative end
- Inline Hook
- Uniform stitches
- Superior smoothness
- It may take some getting use to if you’ve not used wooden hooks before
Brittany Crochet Hook Black Walnut
Unfortunately, these Brittany wood crochet hooks are discontinued, and almost all sold out. I can’t find anywhere that sells them, but if you know where some stocks are left, please leave a comment below.
Brittany Crochet Wax
Maintain the finish and enhance the slickness of your wood knitting needles and crochet hooks with wax made in the U.S.A by the Brittany company.
It contains high-quality natural waxes and a drop of organic vanilla oil.
- Maintains your lovely hooks
- Keeps the surface slick
- Helps yarn glide more easily
- Only need to apply a little bit of wax
- If you don’t like the scent of vanilla, this product is not for you
Take a look at these hooks in action. Jen Lucas from Yarn Purpose demonstrates crocheting with the Brittany Hooks.
How To Care For Wooden Crochet Hook Brittany
Wood does start to dry out after a while, and the finish/waxing can wear off with use. Using Brittany wax is a good idea; it will restore your hooks to brand new.
The oils on your hands and yarn can accumulate on your hook, and it will clean this and any other grim off.
In certain climates, birch wood needs a little extra care, which will help protect hooks from dryness and humidity.
To apply, follow these steps-
- First, use a cloth to apply a small amount all over the wooden crochet hooks.
- Let the hooks sit for 24 hours
- Then take a clean, soft cloth and buff the hooks
- Your hooks will be bright and shiny and ready to use
If you enjoy using decorative wooden hooks then Brittany hooks are an attractive option.
Do you own these hooks? I’d love you to share your experience. Please drop a note down in the comments section or get in touch with me here.