Blocking crochet projects pays off. Neat edges and your stitches shine.
I reviewed the best blocking pins for crocheters.
My Quick Recommendations
- My Top Pick – Knitter's Pride Knit Blockers
- Best Luxury Option – Jimmy Beans Knit Blockers
- Best Budget Pick – Clover Blocking Pins
These pins keep everything in place on blocking mats.
(Aka knitting blocking pins.)
I reviewed and updated this post on July 13, 2022.
Table Of Contents
- Knitter’s Pride Knit Blockers & Pin Kit
- Fork Blocking Pins
- Knit IQ Stainless Steel T-Pins
- Nickel Plated T-Pins
- Jimmy Beans Wool Knocker Blockers Knit Blockers
- What Size Pins To Use For Blocking Crochet?
Knitter’s Pride Knit BlockersCheck Price On Amazon
A rectangle with pins to keep items secured.
- Includes 12 blockers with eight pins, eight blockers with four pins
- Tough plastic and stainless steel
- Maintain the correct tension in your project
- Makes blocking quicker
- Covers more area than traditional t-pins.
- Define the shaping and angles and pull out points
- For larger projects, you need over one box
- More expensive than T-Pins
Clover Fork Blocking Pins
These rust-resistant U shaped pins grip your pieces when blocking. They’re thinner than T-Pins so good for delicate yarns.
The grip of the fork pin is bent for easy handling. Packaged in a sturdy plastic case with a slide-out drawer. 40 pins per package.
Knit IQ Stainless Steel T-PinsCheck Price On Amazon
1.5″ long with a sharp point. Ideal for blocking mats.
They’re quality stainless steel. Designed for longevity and durability.
- Strong and sturdy
- 150 included
- Cute designs for the storage tin
- Wipe the pins before use
Jimmy Beans Wool Knocker Blockers Knit Blockers
These maintain even tension across the blocking pins. Excellent for blocking straight edges on shawls, scarves, and sweaters.
Each is durable plastic fitted with rust-resistant stainless steel pins. The Knit Blockers kit contains two sizes – eight or four pins.
- 12 Blockers with eight pins
- 8 Blockers with four pins
- Less chance of pricking yourself
- $1 from every purchase supports Knitted Knockers
- Only pinks and purples
What Size T Pins For Blocking Crochet?
For large projects like shawls, sweaters, garments, and afghans, use 1.5″ T Pins. They keep the work in place.
Using push or sewing pins for small items? Ensure they’re rust-proof.
Blocking with pins gives an excellent finish on your crochet pieces.
Do you have a favorite style? Drop a note below in the comments.