Blocking crochet projects pays off, it shows off neat edges and your stitches shine. I reviewed the best blocking pins for crocheters. Check out my recommendations below.
My Quick Recommendations
- My Top Pick – Knitter's Pride Knit Blockers
- Best Luxury Option – Jimmy Beans Knit Blockers
- Best Budget Pick – Clover Blocking Pins
These pins keep everything in place on blocking mats. (Aka knitting blocking pins.)
I reviewed, fact checked and updated this post on April 16, 2023
Table Of Contents
- Knitter’s Pride Knit Blockers & Pin Kit
- Fork Blocking Pins
- Knit IQ Stainless Steel T-Pins
- Nickel Plated T-Pins
- Jimmy Beans Wool Knocker Blockers Knit Blockers
- What Size Pins To Use For Blocking Crochet?
Knitter’s Pride Knit BlockersCheck Price On Amazon
I recommend these for shawl, blanket and sweater projects. They can also be used for individual squares. The fact that they are rust proof is important as they will come into contact with wet items.
A rectangle box with pins to keep items secured. Includes 12 with eight pins, eight with four pins. Made of tough plastic and stainless steel. These are used to
- Maintain the correct tension in your project
- Makes blocking quicker
- Covers more area than traditional t-pins.
- Define the shaping and angles and pull out points
- For larger projects, you need over one box
- More expensive than T-Pins
Clover Fork Blocking Pins
These rust-resistant U shaped pins grip your pieces when blocking. They’re thinner than T-Pins so good for delicate yarns. The grip of the fork pin is bent for easy handling. Packaged in a sturdy plastic case with a slide-out drawer. 40 pins per package.
- Easy to handle as they are pronged
- Excellent blocking tools for fine delicate fiber
- You’ll need another container to store them in after purchase
Knit IQ Stainless Steel T-PinsCheck Price On Amazon
1.5″ long with a sharp point. Ideal for blocking mats. They’re quality stainless steel. Designed for longevity and durability. They are not quite as simple to insert into a mat as the forked style. Excellent for all sorts of shaped projects.
- Strong and sturdy
- 150 included
- Cute designs for the storage tin
- Wipe the pins before use
Jimmy Beans Wool Knocker Blockers Knit Blockers
These maintain even tension across the blocking pins. Excellent for blocking straight edges on shawls, scarves, and sweaters. Each is durable plastic fitted with rust-resistant stainless steel pins. Contains two sizes – eight or four pins.
- Less chance of pricking yourself
- $1 from every purchase supports Knitted Knockers
- Only pinks and purples
What Size T Pins For Blocking Crochet?
For large projects like shawls, sweaters, garments, and afghans, use 1.5″ T Pins. They keep the work in place. Using push or sewing pins for small items? Ensure they’re rust-proof.
Blocking with pins gives an excellent finish on your crochet pieces. Do you have a favorite style? Drop a note below in the comments.
Pin For Later