Here is a guide to the best handmade crochet hook, including handmade wood crochet hooks.
Hope you find something beautiful to make crocheting truly a joy!
Table Of Contents
- Handmade Wooden Crochet Hooks
- Interchangeable Handmade Crochet Hooks
- Furls Alpha Series
- Handmade Glass Crochet Hooks
- Handmade Clay Crochet Hooks
- Handcarved Crochet Hook
- Your Questions Answered
Wooden Crochet Hooks Handmade
These beautiful crochet hooks are handmade and made with local wood.
Sizes Available – 3.00mm, 3.25mm , 3.50mm, 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 7.0mm, 7.5mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm and 10.0mm.
- Comfortable handle
- Warm to the touch
- Inline hook
- Sizes not labeled on the hook
Handmade Interchangeable Crochet Hooks
A handcrafted one of a kind, ergonomic acrylic crochet handle. The hook is inserted into the handle, and you have nine sizes to choose from.
- Sizes Included – C – 2.75mm; D – 3.25mm; E – 3.5mm; F – 3.75mm; G – 4mm and H – 5mm; I – 5.5mm; J – 6mm; and K – 7mm.
- Style Of Hook – Inline
- Length – Overall length is 6″
- Black Travel Case is included.
- Colorful and unique design
- Good range of hooks
- You can insert the hook back inside the handle
Furls Alpha Series
Each of these hooks is 100% handmade in Cocobolo, Tulipwood, Blackwood, Bloodwood, Rosewood, Olivewood, Bocoyte, and Purpleheart.
Each Alpha Series hook is packaged in custom-fit foam. Something to pass down in the family, they are crafted to last.
Furls source sustainable woods. Each is made one-by-one, by hand, and is one of a kind.
A unique combination of grain, wood, size, and shape.
- 3.5mm, 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm, 13.0mm and 15.0mm
Looking for more Furls Crochet Hooks? Please read my full reviews of the range of their hooks.
Handmade Glass Crochet Hooks
Borosilicate glass crochet hook. Sold one at a time. You need to message the seller to determine the price for the color and size you’d like custom made.
The artist tests each one with some yarn.
- Thumb rest
- Comfortable to use
- Being glass, it is breakable so take care
Handmade Clay Crochet Hooks
Pastel Unicorn Ergonomic crochet hook. Beautiful pearl base with a rainbow of pastel colors.
Comes with a matching stitch marker.
This handmade crochet hook is hand sculpted using polymer clay and then meticulously glazed for durable protection.
- Sizes Available – 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.25mm, 3.5mm, 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 10.0mm
- Style Of Hook – Options are either inline or tapered as the maker offers Boye, Susan Bates, Clover, and Bamboo hooks.
- Unique Unicorn design
- Great attention to detail
- Larger handle for comfort
- Takes 10-12 weeks for the hook to be created and shipped, but crocheters say it is definitely worth the wait.
Handcarved Crochet Hook
The maker whittles these crochet hooks from natural branches. You can choose whether you like them plain or with a bit of embellishment.
Each hook is completely one of a kind, a unique and little piece of earth magic and woodland art.
The sizes are random and are roughly between 4mm and 8mm.
Each hook is unique and organic in its shape and size. The seller will select your hook randomly from what is in stock.
- Organic wood
- Customer can’t choose the size
- Hooks sizes are not standard
Your Questions Answered
How To Make Handmade Wooden Crochet Hooks
If you’ve ever fancied creating a handmade hook? The tips and tricks shared in Simple Ground’s video are helpful.
All you need is your hands, a utility knife or a pocket knife, a small branch, or you could even use a wooden chopstick!
Take a look below.
May you find a version that suits you, any of the above will certainly be a great addition to your collection of tools.
I’d love to hear about any others you recommend. Please pop a comment down below or contact me with any questions you have.