Here is your guide to the best organizers for crochet supplies, including the best crochet organizer bag and the best crochet organizer tote. There are a variety of brands to choose from.
My Quick Recommendations
- My Top Pick – HOMEST Yarn Bag Organizer
- Best Luxury Option – Bedside Crochet Supply Organizer
- Best Budget Pick – Procase Organizer
Read my blog post for more information about these products. Take a look at the many options and see if you find the crochet bag organizer to suit your needs!
Table Of Contents
- What Is The Best Crochet Bag?
- ProCase Crochet Or Knitting Bag
- Luxja Crochet Tote Bag
- Bedside Comfort Crochet Workstation
- HOMEST Yarn Bag Organizer
- Make One Yourself
- How Do I Organize My Crochet Projects?
What Is The Best Crochet Bag?
Decide for yourself in my review content below.
This product has some excellent features. Everything you need for your crochet project in one place.
The front pocket holds all-size crochet hooks and accessories. The back zipper pocket fits books or crochet patterns. 2 sided sections are easily accessible for scissors, a ruler, or utensils used while working.
There are side pockets large enough for bottled water, sanitizer wipes, and tissues. See-through plastic flap top with magnetic closure makes it easy to find things without opening the bag.
Six compartments in the interior for holding multiple skeins of yarn separately. Three adhesive tapes keep the started yarn in place and tangle-free, reinforcing holes on the top of the bag for different yarns’ colors to feed through.
A sturdy handle and detachable shoulder strap provide you two ways to carry it, either by hand or wear it over your shoulder or across the body like a messenger bag.
Crochet tote size: 15.74 x 11.00 x 11.80 inches. It has a heavy-duty, durable fabric exterior.
- Plenty of room
- You can store things and yarn neatly
- Can hold things like a yarn bowl and pens
- Gives great results for any crocheter
- Keeps stuff in order
- A great idea for anyone with a love of the fiber arts
- You may have difficulty placing bulky yarn skeins in the compartments due to their larger size
Luxja Crochet Organzier Tote Bag
This tote bag is made of heavy-duty nylon.
It’s portable and lightweight, with plenty of space for all your tools, accessories, and yarn. It is available in small and medium sizes. You can take it everywhere you want to crochet.
- Nine elastic loops to hold rubber handle crochet hooks.
- Four flat elastic bands for securing aluminum crochet hooks.
- Four holes where you can thread different colored yarns through.
- A set of adhesive straps to keep the yarn in place when not crocheting.
- Four pockets and one zipper pocket on the inside for putting small items.
- Two side pockets are ideal for storing small items such as a water bottle and your patterns.
- Five slots and one open section for inserting crochet hooks, gauge measure ruler.
- Small : 9.5″ x 4.5″ x 7″
- Medium : 11.25″ x 6.25″ x 8.25″
- Suitable for taking projects on car trips, social meetings, and while on the go
- Lots of compartments and caddies to keep things like notions and other essentials easily accessible
- Great for crocheters and knitters
- Would make an excellent gift!
- Affordable price
- It doesn’t hold 1 pound skeins
- Not large enough for storing lots of yarn and big projects
- The top doesn’t close all the way; there is only one compartment on the inside that zips up
Bedside Comfort Crochet Supply Organizer
The Chetnanigans work station in Red Oak has two platforms held together with eight strong magnets.
It measures (when attached) about 16″ wide and 9″ high. It sits at about a 20-degree angle making your tools, hooks, and platform easily accessible.
On the left is your hook holder platform consisting of six 1″ troughs to hold up to six ergonomic hooks, dozens of standard hooks, or around 12 comfort grip hooks.
The right side platform is your working platform. It consists of a SpinOff Platform/yarn caddy you can use to store your skeins.
A tapestry needles holder, a scissors magnet to securely hold scissors under the platform, a small stitch marker tray with a cover.
A tape measure magnet is on the right side. On the rear of the organizer is a yarn eyelet that can be used to thread your yarn.
- An excellent option for those who need or like to crochet while lying in bed.
- The Organizer ships with a notions kit including a 5″ pair of scissors, a collection of stitch markers, a #13 Tapestry needle, and a retractable 60″ tape measure.
- It splits apart, making it easy to manage
- Weighs under 4 pounds
- Lots of room for your hooks and crochet tools!
- The spindle holds only one skein, but it is easy to change to the next ball of yarn
- Won’t hold a crochet pattern
- Doesn’t fit a yarn bowl, but you won’t need one with the caddy
HOMEST Yarn Bag Organizer
This organizer has a large main compartment with three detachable dividers. There are four pockets on the sides for inserting crochet hooks in this crochet organizer caddy.
Multiple elastic bands and pockets on this yarn holder are designed to fit a range of different hook styles.
The top of the bag has eyelets so the yarn can easily pass through for easy access while working on a project.
- Good quality material
- This basket is durable
- Carry the bag with the handle or adjustable shoulder strap
- Plenty of space
- Crochet anywhere, from the couch to the chair on the porch
- Some users don’t like the clear plastic part of the top
Make One Yourself
Would you rather make one? Here are a few patterns to try.
Lots of categories and recommendations on the Ravelry site. Here are some videos with tutorials.
How Do I Organize My Crochet Projects?
Here are some ideas.
- Don’t have too many going at once so you don’t get overwhelmed
- Have a separate bag for each one
- Label the bags so you know what’s inside each
- Or have a crochet notebook keeping track of them
- Make a note of which crochet hook size each one requires if you tend to use one hook for multiple projects
These nifty bags keep you organized and ready for crocheting whenever. No wasting time searching for your crochet tools!
Do you have a question, or would you like to share your thoughts? Leave a comment below or tell me on social media.