Crochet hooks are made worldwide nowadays, but what if you’re looking for something more local or want to support a business that manufactures its products in your country?
If you’re looking for crochet hooks made in the US, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of the best.
Table Of Contents
- Furls Streamline Crochet Hooks
- Vintage Boye Hooks – Made In The USA
- Exotic Tulipwood Wooden Crochet Hook
Furls Streamline Crochet Hooks
Furls Crochet is a premier provider of luxury, handcrafted hooks. They combine machine automation with handcrafted to provide a luxury but still affordable crochet tool for this range.
- Sizes Available – 3.75mm (F), 4.0mm (G), 4.5mm (G+), 5.0mm (H), 5.5mm (I), 6.0mm (J), 6.5mm (K), 7.0mm (L), 8.0mm (M), 9.0mm (N), and 10.0mm (P)
- Style Of Hook – A unique combination of tapered and inline.
- Length – 7″
- Made From – Choose from three types of wood, Camwood, Teak & Ebony.
- The most affordable in the Furls range, as they put it, affordable luxury.
- Light and easy to hold
- Specifically designed to fit your hand, so much less cramping.
- Smaller sizes aren’t available.
Vintage Boye Hooks – Made In The USA
Steel Crochet Hooks from Boye, from the 1940’s when they still made their hooks in the USA. In excellent condition and many sizes are available.
- Sizes Available – 00 – 14
- Style Of Hook – Tapered
- Length – Varies
- Made From – Steel
- Excellent glide
- Great Quality crochet hooks
- Fast shipping
- Slight wear, but that’s to be expected on such vintage items
- No metric sizes
- Some sizes may be sold out.
Exotic Tulipwood Wooden Crochet Hook
Hand turned by artisans in the USA with Brazillian tulipwood, this wood posses a rich color, texture, and wood grains. Specifically crafted to fit comfortably in the hand.
- Sizes Available – US D, E, F, G, 7, H, I, J, K, 7mm, L, M, N, P, 12mm, Q and S.
- Style Of Hook – Inline
- Length – Sizes K (6.5mm) and smaller are 5 3/4″ to 6″ long. Sizes L (8mm to M (9mm) are 6 1/2″ to 71/4″ long. Sizes N (10mm) and larger are 7″ to 8″ long.
- Made From – Tulipwood
- Warm in your hands
- Ergonomic handle
- You have the option to have the size marked on the hook.
- Excellent customer service
- Expensive, but so worth it
I hope this guide to the best hooks for crocheting manufactured in the United States. There are some truly gorgeous hooks available if you know where to look!