Looking for something more local or want to support a business that manufactures its products in your country? If you want crochet hooks made in the US, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of the best.
I reviewed, fact checked and updated this post on April 12, 2023
Table Of Contents
- Furls Streamline Crochet Hooks
- Vintage Boye Hooks – Made In The USA
- Exotic Tulipwood Wooden Crochet Hook
Brittany Crochet HooksCheck Price On Amazon
Such a lovely design with the decorative carved ends. Brittany is a well loved company based in California USA.Respected for their quality tools for knitting and crochet. Owners Michri and Chris Barnes are skilled crafts people with attention detail and a passion for woodwork. The birch wood that is sourced is enironmentally friendly and renewable. The hook has a smooth finely sanded finish. If you also knit you can consider their knitting needles
These made in USA crochet hooks are a wonderful size (H/5.00mm) for beginners to start with as it works well with medium weight yarns.
- Lightweight and warm to the touch
- Quality materials and woodworking
- Size is visible on the shaft
- Lasts for many years when care is taken
- Sizes smaller than 3.25mm aren’t available
Furls Streamline Crochet Hooks
Furls Crochet is a premier provider of luxury, handcrafted hooks. They combine machine automation with handcrafted to provide luxury but still affordable crochet tools for this range. They don’t come as a hook set rather they are sold individually.
- Sizes Available – 3.75mm (F), 4.0mm (G), 4.5mm (G+), 5.0mm (H), 5.5mm (I), 6.0mm (J), 6.5mm (K), 7.0mm (L), 8.0mm (M), 9.0mm (N), and 10.0mm (P)
- Style Of Hook – A unique combination of tapered and inline.
- Length – 7″
- Made From – Choose from three types of wood, Camwood, Teak & Ebony.
- The most affordable in the Furls range, as they put it, affordable luxury.
- Light and easy to hold
- Specifically designed to fit your hand, so much less cramping.
- Accepts returns
- Smaller sizes aren’t available.
- no free shipping
Vintage Boye Hooks – Made In The USA
Steel Crochet Hooks from Boye, from the 1940’s when they still made their hooks in the USA. In excellent condition and many sizes are available. DiVintageBlessings receive excellent 5 star reviews for quick shipping and customer service.
- Sizes Available – 00 – 14
- Style Of Hook – Tapered
- Length – Varies
- Made From – Steel
- Excellent glide
- Great Quality crochet hooks
- Fast shipping
- Slight wear, but that’s to be expected on such vintage items
- No metric sizes
- Some sizes may be sold out.
Tulipwood Wooden Crochet Hook
Hand turned by artisans in the USA with Brazillian tulipwood, this wood posses a rich color, texture, and wood grains. Specifically crafted to fit comfortably in the hand.
- Sizes Available – US D, E, F, G, 7, H, I, J, K, 7mm, L, M, N, P, 12mm, Q and S.
- Style Of Hook – Inline
- Length – Sizes K (6.5mm) and smaller are 5 3/4″ to 6″ long. Sizes L (8mm to M (9mm) are 6 1/2″ to 71/4″ long. Sizes N (10mm) and larger are 7″ to 8″ long.
- Made From – Brazilian Tulipwood
- Warm in your hands
- Ergonomic handle
- You have the option to have the size marked on the hook.
- Excellent customer service
- Expensive, but so worth it
I hope this guide to the best hooks for crocheting manufactured in the United States. There are some truly gorgeous hooks available if you know where to look!
Pin For Later